Expansion joint sealing
QADK/V sealing cushion, coated with swelling tape. for
longitudinal and/or circular or curved expansion joints
Speedy retro-sealing during renovation work
Installation time ~ 10 minutes per metre
Simple to install, with only two components (cushion and swellable non-woven material). Installation can be carried out practically independently of ambient climatic conditions (including wetness or dampness)
Becomes tight immediately on contact with water
Lighter in weight, due to the self-adhesive swelling-material coating on the sealing element, Product Group 22.1. Example: Type QADK/V L 5000 (length 5 m): approx. 1.2 kg
Available in metre lengths up to 23 m
No injection drilling needed along the joint.
No danger of construction damage caused by drilling
The work area remains clean; none of the mess caused
by injection materials and adhesives.
No unwanted adhesion to surrounding surfaces. Easy to remove after
deflation and reusable once the swelling material is completely dry again.
- Areas of application
- Examples of applications
- Cost effectiveness
- Approval - T-Com
- Approval - DB Network
- Approval - ASFinaG
- References (German)
- Cable sealing for
onshore wind turbines
- Total leak rate/ Diffusion rate
of sealing elements (valve)
FO 04.10-PB 005/2005 (GEMTEC)
- Resistance of reusable sealing systems
to chemicals, petrol, diesel and leak detector agents
FO 04.30-PB 175/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Storage life of reusable sealing elements with valve
FO 04.80-PB 176/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Batch type test of reusable
sealing elements (new valve design)
FO 04.90-PB 179/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Cable Sealing System
FO 04.100-PB 160/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Attenuation change in indoor and
outdoor single-mode optical fibre
cables due to lateral pressure
FO 04.110-PB 178/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Cost effectiveness of MaxCell
multiple duct systems 4016-3
FO FO15.10-PB 31/2012
- The system adapts optimally and permanently to the movement of parallel expansion joints, due to the closed compressed-air system.
- The sealing cushion in the movement joint can withstand strain immediately after inflation.
- The cushion is lightweight (only 2.5 kg for a length of 10 m), making installation quick and easy, with very few components required.
- The installation process is largely unaffected by climatic conditions and can be carried out in wet or humid weather.
- The work area remains clean, as there are no injection materials or adhesives to cause dirt.
- The materials used do not require any special health and safety measures during work processes or storage.
- The sealing elements are reusable, which is a big plus when repair work is carried out on leaks in the vicinity of joins, cross joints or rectangular joints.
- Speedy simple removal (no adhesion to structural elements) and the reusability of the sealing elements represent a considerable reduction in costs for labour and material.