Short installation instructions:
SSB Swelling Sealing Bag
Universal sealing system for cable ducts and service entries in buildings in the telecommunication sector, for cable duct diameters 35-300 mm
The Swelling Sealing Bag (Fibre Optics CT Patent No. EP16177469) is a further development of the sealing cushion/valve (Fibre Optics CT Patent EP 15 154700.7), which has been deployed very successfully since 2006.
The valve sealing system and Swelling Sealing Bag both fulfil the requirements of Deutsche Telekom, T-Com TS 0307/96.
The leak rate (diffusion rate) of the Wolf sealing elements is far less than that demanded by Deutsche Telekom and far less than the leak rate of competitor products. Wolf sealing elements provide the user with a durable, reliable seal.
The Swelling Sealing Bag is available in two versions: as a disposable product or as a product that can be reused once. Another available alternative: Wolf sealing elements with a valve that can be inflated four times in total.
The new Swelling Sealing Bag is exclusively available to framework contract customers, in order volumes of 25.000 items p.a.
- Areas of application
- Examples of applications
- Cost effectiveness
- References (German)
- Cable sealing for
onshore wind turbines
- Total leak rate/ Diffusion rate
of sealing elements (valve)
FO 04.10-PB 005/2005 (GEMTEC)
- Resistance of reusable sealing systems
to chemicals, petrol, diesel and leak detector agents
FO 04.30-PB 175/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Storage life of reusable sealing elements with valve
FO 04.80-PB 176/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Batch type test of reusable
sealing elements (new valve design)
FO 04.90-PB 179/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Cable Sealing System
FO 04.100-PB 160/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Attenuation change in indoor and
outdoor single-mode optical fibre
cables due to lateral pressure
FO 04.110-PB 178/2011 (TÜV - Süd)
- Cost effectiveness of MaxCell
multiple duct systems 4016-3
FO FO15.10-PB 31/2012
- The high-quality, robust aluminium laminate …
- adapts flexibly to the sealing area independently of cable diameter and configuration or contamination by dirt
- has a long service life
- is resistant to chemical mixtures pH2 to pH12, fuels etc.
- The swelling material coating ….
- ensures tightness up to 0.5 bar/ 5 m water column immediately on contact with water
- makes removal quick and easy (< 2 min). No adhesion!
- The PE inflation tube and crimp sleeve technology ….
- make inflation with compressed air simple (CO2-free!)
- Simple joint technology, ideal for on-site operation